Lila Yoga LLC
Lila Yoga is our parent company and was founded in 2014 with one intention: to share yoga to a culture riddled with pressures, stressors, mental breakdowns, and physical neglect...known as the desk job. There will always be work to do in any given day in the corporate world. So we bring yoga to you and invite you to play.
Lila in Sanskrit means “play” or playful. The concept of Lila signifies freedom as distinguished from necessity..the outcome of creative play.
In his book Free Play, Stephen Nachmanovitch describes Lila:
There is an old Sanskrit word, lila, which means play, richer than our word, it means divine play, the play of creation, destruction, and re-creation, the folding and unfolding of the cosmos. Lila, free and deep, is both the delight and enjoyment of this moment, and the play of God. It also means love.
We believe practicing yoga is a form of physical, yet delightful free play that ultimately heightens our own inner self awareness, in relation to the world around us. It is an inward transformation of the self through physical postures and breath. A self that transcends the physical senses and limited thinking. A self that is free to quietly and mindfully observe, learn, create, find peace, and ultimately be happy.
CowFace StudioCowFace Studio is our headquarters for all things yoga. Here you will find a space full of love, good vibes, and of course all types of yoga for all bodies.
Certified Yoga Instructor
Antonia is a free spirited yogi who’s work/life philosophy is one and the same; the human(anity) connection. Fun facts about Antonia:
- Certified Bikram Hatha Yoga Teacher
- Certified Fluid Vinyasa(RYS®) Teacher (RYT®) with Yoga Alliance
- Synergy Yoga Teacher
- Born in Vietnam to a family deeply rooted in Buddhism and meditation.
- LOVES all Yoga, food fare, and fitness...and talk radio.
- An avid long-distance runner who enjoys racing marathons.
- Proud Mom to three beautifully, smart, and crazy kids.
- Life partner to one creative food-smith. Their newest food creation, Clarity, was born on April 7, 2015.
- A closeted nerd who loves to read about Philosophy, Biology/Anatomy textbooks and Sci-fi/Fantasy series.
- Ambidextrous so she loves both “Righties” and “Lefties.”
Mad Parenting Skillz
Certified Yoga Instructor
Like most guys, a girl dragged me to yoga almost 20 years ago. While that relationship faded, my yoga blossomed into a life-long, committed, trusting, open-hearted relationship. If only I can find this with a human :-D
- Certified Yin Yoga Instructor
- Certified Vinyasa Teacher (RYT®) with Yoga Alliance
- Absolutely love coding. It is the next best thing to yoga (or the beach) for focusing.
- Lived in: Cairo, Swaziland, Riyadh, Paris, and (the exotic) Gaithersburg
- Love to surf, even though I fall down, get bitch-slapped by the ocean, and need my chiropractor to constantly patch me up
- Love eating my way through Jon and Antonia's daily menu changes at Clarity